It's the most wonderful time of the year...or is it? For me, the holidays meant a cold, allergies, sinus infection, laryngitis and a side dish of antibiotics.
Here are 5 tips to staying well this holiday season:
1. Wear a scarf. We wrap plants and pipes when it is cold outside to prevent damage. The same is true for your throat and vocal cords. Unlike a turtleneck, a scarf is removable once you step indoors to prevent you from overheating.
2. Invest in a humidifier. As the temperatures drop outside, chances are you are running your home heater more and more. While your body temperature is thankful for the warmth, the air dries out and so does your respiratory and sinus passages. Running a humidifier not only puts moisture back into the air, but it helps hold the heat more efficiently.
3. Make some wassail. Not only does the orange juice provide a healthy dose of vitamin C, but the cloves are a natural antiseptic and numbing agent that soothes and protects your throat.
Enjoy John McDaniel's Wassail Recipe...even our 4-year-old makes wassail requests now!
4 cups Apple Juice
2 cups Orange Juice
1 Orange pierced with 24 Cloves
3 Cinnamon Sticks
3 Lipton Regular Tea Bags
Combine all ingredients in a pot on high. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 45 mins to an hour. Enjoy!!!
Have your own wassail recipe? Share yours in a comment below for some friendly Wassail Wars!
4. Carry lotion in your purse or briefcase. Why? Because you should be washing your hands more this season! You probably already knew this, but it's a good reminder. You may be spending more time in public, handling money during your holiday shopping, shaking hands and hugging family and friends as well as preparing food and treats. With all that hand washing you'll be doing, you'll need some lotion on hand. Haha, get it?...lotion on hand!
5. Double up on your NRF2 activator. If you suffer from an autoimmune disease, are elderly or feel an illness coming on, consider doubling up on your NRF2. One pill activates your antioxidant production for 12 hours. So, if you take one in the morning and one in the evening you will provide 24 hour protection throughout the holiday season.
As someone who thought the word "holiday" was synonymous with "illness". I am going into my second holiday season with confidence and am looking forward to enjoying family and friends rather than enduring through each day fighting the typical cold and flu.
Much love and happy holidays to our Nutrigenomic family, friends, and readers! We love seeing you all truly expressing the best you and watching your success stories transform the way you live and feel!
Need help on your order? Contact us.
Interested in trying our new NRF2 activating hand cream this season? We just got some back in stock. Grab yours before they disappear again! We hear people can't wait to get their "hands on them" Hehe!
FTC Disclosure: In order for us to support our website, blog and social media activities, we may receive monetary compensation for any endorsement, recommendation, review and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, we only recommend products and services that meet our standards. The Nutrigenomic Life participates in the TeloYears affiliate program designed to provide a means for our site to earn commission by referring customers to their cellular age testing.
All information on The Nutrigenomic Life is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent or mitigate any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership and collaboration with their healthcare providers. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medications, please consult with your physician.